I have been swamped lately and haven't really had a chance to post anything, so here's a random assortment of things:
- Last weekend, I ran the mini San Jose Rock N Roll marathon. It was a lot of fun, and is something I definitely want to do again. Unfortunately, my knee is having some issues. I went to an orthopedic surgeon this morning, and he suspects it's a torn meniscus :( I'll find out for certain on Monday.
- The game Gone Home is absolutely brilliant! I'm still thinking about it even though it's been a month since I played it.
- I more recently played the first two acts of Kentucky Route Zero, and so far I absolutely adore it! Reminds me of David Lynch a bit. I can't wait to see where it goes.
- Gravity, by Alfonso Cuarón, is incredible. If you haven't seen it, see it now! Orbital mechanics issues aside, the film is stunning. Hands down the best performance I've ever seen from Sandra Bullock. I foresee an Oscar nomination for her.
- My partner in crime at Appcelerator, Chris Barber, recently pointed me to this CSS-trick for creating triangles using pure CSS. Awesome!
- I'm working on a new web interface for my aquarium that will show a lot more info and have a lot more configurability. It's going to use Foundation, Handlebars.js, and Backbone.js. Why? Cause my efforts thus far have used Boostrap, Mustache, and (on occasion) Ember.js. So in other words, it's a thinly veiled excuse to learn new things :).
- I signed up for JS.everywhere(2013), which should be fun. I'm especially looking forward to the JS in Research talk.
- I am (very) slowly but surely making progress on Commascript. All of the definition and cast operations have been fleshed out, except for arrays, and I'm working on fleshing out return type checking in functions.